Updated: Jan 24, 2022
Growing your own food is a fabulous way to cut down on your grocery bill, reduce your carbon footprint, and get the absolute best produce, right in your own yard. However, many people aren’t sure where to start when it comes to making a productive, at-home garden. Three Bees is proud to offer you these resources to get you started on your home gardening journey:
Layout and Location
Start by deciding where your garden will go:
● Divide your property up into zones based on how much suneach area gets per day.
● Consider having a survey done to make sure you avoid accidentally gardening on a neighbor’s lot.
● Limited space? Consider container gardening.
● Check out the different home garden layout approaches to see which is right for you.
Caring For Your Garden
Here are some tools for overcoming common issues:
● Familiarize yourself with common plant diseases and how to deal with them.
● Use food and environmentally safe products to keep pests off your plants.
● Learn the signs of over- and under-watering.
Here’s how to use everything you grow:
● Learn how to properly store fruits, veggies, and herbs that you’ve grown.
● Try new recipes in order to get the most out of your garden.
● If you have a plant that’s overproducing, pickle the extras or gift them to friends and family.
Gardening is a healthy, environmentally friendly, deeply satisfying hobby. We hope these resources help make getting started a little less intimidating so you can create an at-home garden you can be proud of!
Interested in adding a home hive to your property? Book a consultation to learn more about beekeeping with Three Bees!