I choose Beeswax for several obvious reasons. naturally I have access to beeswax so as a beekeeper and frugal frannie, it is a logical choice to work with what I've got. I also am a bird owner therefor other candles are not an option for me due to their toxic nature. This is not about me however. I already love beeswax candles. What makes beeswax a desirable choice for everyone else? Below are a few reasons to love beeswax:
1. Beeswax is all natural. It comes from bees. It is non-toxic, non-allergenic and non-carcinogenic. Beeswax candles are carbon free and smokeless. They are safer and healthier for everyone but especially for anyone that has asthma, allergies or other respiratory issues. There are even claims that some astmatics have shown a significant improvement by using beewax candles. So why choose something toxic when there is a healthy alternative provided to us by nature? Some people will argue paraffin and other candles are less expensive. Read on if you want to learn the value of choosing beeswax.
2. 100% pure Beeswax candles are proven to burn longer. The melting point of beeswax is higher than any other candle wax type so that translates into more burn hours for the consumer; more bang for your buck. On average beeswax candles will burn 2-5x longer than other candles. Additionally Three Bees candles are made to provide you the maximum burn time possible. Our candles will burn until the the wick disappears or within about an inch of remaining wax. That is because we choose to use a larger wick to ensure the best possible burn pool.
3. Beeswax candles do not produce soot. As previously mentioned Beeswax is a naturally made material, Unlike paraffin wax and other candle materials. it is not a byproduct of the oil refining industry like paraffin wax. Paraffin wax contains up to 11 toxic compounds and chemicals, benzene and toluene to name a few. So although The fda has rated paraffin as non-toxic, and I don't think anyone is harmed by the occaisional burning of non-beeswax candles, seeing the soot on my paraffin wax candles There is no question in my mind what to choose. I did not give up smoking to inhale whatever causes that black film around other candles and the walls. Personally I prefer to err on the side of caution. Plus I truly have enough housework, so i'd sooner skip washing the soot off my walls.
4. Beeswax candles are also cleaner because they are nearly dripless when placed away from drafts. being a beekeeper I know how hard bees work for the wax. I hate the idea of any wax going to waste. Secreted from the bee’s own bodies, beeswax is almost more valuable than the honey. Bees eat between 6-10 pounds of honey to produce 1 pound of wax.
5. Beeswax candles burn brighter. The light emitted by a beeswax candle is much stronger and brighter than that of any other candle. Since paraffin wax has a lower melting point, it has a weaker, less brilliant flame than a beeswax candle.
6. Finally there are many claims that beeswax will clean your air because it emits negative ions. It is rumored that studies were done in japan and india to test the healthy benefits. Although debated, the claim is that the studies showed beeswax to be the only candle to emit negative ions while burning. Negative ions help clean the air, similar to how a rain storm helps clean the air outside. Many people claim to feel better in environments abundant in negative ions. Historically beeswax was often used in Christian churches. candles made of beeswax were used chiefly in church rituals because the bee was regarded as a symbol of purity and the bright flame was symbolic of the illuminating grace of the Holy Spirit. Try burning a beeswax candle to help you feel calmer and more peaceful throughout the day. It's My guess if you like candles you will love beeswax candles.